For the adult who identifies as Little, but is between Caregivers, or whose Daddy Dom abandoned them … or for the Little in a LDR… or the Little whose Daddy/Mommy Dom/me travels extensively…
- Being Little is sometimes hard!
- Regression may seem like a far off dream…
- But take heart, because I believe in you! You’ve got this!
How to Little when Home Alone (Tips for the Unsupervised!)
- Watch cartoons
- Take bubblebaths
- Eat dinner in the bathtub; remember, you are a prince/cess
- Dance naked or covered in glitter or covered in body paint cause no one is looking! Really! You really can do what you want! Umm, you also have to clean up the mess, so keep that in mind when going crazy… or just totally do your thing, make a mess, and deal with the consequences tomorrow, or next week, or whenever…
How to Make Decisions When Little With No One To Help
- If this is a Legal thing -call a lawyer (many do consults on the cheap or free if they think they can get a settlement)
- If this is a Medical thing, get a doctor’s opinion and a second/third/fourth opinion if needed…
- If this is a Safety Issue – Find the Adult in Charge: Landlord, Grounds Maintenance, Police Officer
- If this is a Mechanical Difficulties Thing: Call the Fix-It Guy whether IT, plumbing, electrical, automotive service
- Okay, okay, I hear you, you are flat broke and all of the above cost money, but you are also cute as a button and everyone knows somebody who is a Fix-it guy especially the neighborhood car-guy, electrical-guy, heat and air-guy etc … work those favors and I hope you make amazing chocolate chip cookies…when I was a single little, I made a lot of cookies in trade for oil changes and other services…
- Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Moe is a legit little system for choosing…
- Coin tosses work.
- If all else fails CRY! Never underestimate the power of tears. Tears are healing, cleansing, fresh-start making drops of power!
- If Crying fails, SCREAM, big, huge, primal energy, soul rebirthing screams can make even the hardest adulting thing you face bearable.
- Visit the animal shelter…volunteer to be a cat holder, dog walker, etc…
- Volunteer: check adult centers, soup kitchens, hospitals, nursing homes…
- Send $2 to the non-profit of your choice, make sure they have your phone number! (This is important) Be available for many and often calls from unknown phone callers…these people want your money, you know how to talk and be adorable and are very good at asking why to keep the conversation going… This really does work.
- Have work Insurance that provides Healthy Lifestyle Coaches? Get registered! Set tiny goals you can meet and weekly motivational calls…these people will call you at designated times and they WANT TO HEAR about how you are feeling!
You are still seriously lonely?
- Meet-ups are great for finding people who are into what you are into!
- Check for local Meetings like Book-clubs at neighborhood bookstores and libraries too!
- Okay, this one is a hit or miss, but you figure, everyone is a little lonely…call a random number and ask for Joe or JoAnne (Choose sex based on who answers matching male to boy name etc) they will tell you that you have a wrong number. You will try again…and again…on the third call, you can say: “My name’s x, do you feel like chatting about random stuff for awhile?” … do not get mad if they say ‘No’ and hang up on you, be tenacious and call another number… Eventually you will find someone as bored and lonely as you are… safety is important so never ever reveal personal info like addresses or where you go to school or work. But even when a miss or two, you’re going to connect with a human and sometimes that’s all it takes…
At the End of the Day, Remember You Are Important!
- Never, ever discount your own feelings.
- Always love yourself!
- Before cutting, or swallowing pills, or drinking too much reach out to a friend who knows you are a struggling little and see if they have time to chat, meet for coffee, or lunch, or a movie…
Sometimes self-care requires a reminder APP…
check your play store for the appropriate one for you. I have a few myself to help me remember to:
- Take my medications ontime
- Drink water
- Track my calories
- Track my exercise, menstrual cycle, blood-pressure, moods
And remember… YOU ARE VALID